VERTEBRAL SUBLUXATION COMPLEX
Chiropractors are the only professionals who are trained to diagnose and treat what is called spinal subluxations (misalignments). Another way to xplain misalignments is a bone out of place, which results in pressure on the nerves.
Here are some of the problems that can occur when untreated misalignments, which may result in vertebral subluxation complex (VSC):
- Bones. If the vertebra is out of position, not moving properly, or undergoing generation this can frequently lead to a narrowing of the spaces between the bones through which the nerves pass; often resulting in irritation or impingement of the nerve itself. Think of it as a water hose with knot in it.
- Nerves. There can be a disruption of the normal flow of energy along the nerve fibers, causing the messages traveling along the nerves to become distorted. The result is that all of the tissues that are fed by those nerves received distorted signals from the brain and, consequently, are not able to function normally over time. This can lead to a whole host of conditions, such as peptic ulcers, constipation and other organ system dysfunctions.
- Muscles. Since nerves control the muscles that help movr the vertebrae as we move in different directions, muscles have to be considered to be an integral part of the vertebral subluxation complex. Muscles both affect and are affected by the VSC. Subluxation can irritate the nerve, the irritated nerve can cause a muscle spasm, the spasmed muscle pulls the attached vertebrae further out of place, which then further irritates the nerve and you have a vicious cycle. It is no wonder why very few subluxations just go away by themselve
- Soft Tissue. The Vertebrael Subluxation Complex. will also affect the surrounding tendons, ligaments, blood supply, and other tissues as the misaligned vertebrae tug and squeeze connective tissue with tremendous force. Over time, the soft tissues can become stretched out and the ligaments become hard like bones, leading the spine with either a permanent instability or restriction.
- Body Chemistry. Inflammation can also increase in the affected areas.
These changes can get progressively worse over time if they are not treated correctly, leading to chronic pain, inflammation, arthritis, the formation of bone spurs, loss of movement, muscle weakness and spasms as well as many other conditions.
In order to be truly healthy, it is vital that your nervous system be functioning free of interference from subluxations. Chiropractors are the only health professionals trained in the detection, location, and correction of the vertical subluxation complex through chiropractic care.